Followers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

DAK


The turret is very bad. The turret should be open with only the mount half way up the inside of the turret. I cleaned one out and left one full. It seemed much stronger with the flash left on, but did not look as good.

One of the headlights fell off. I had to glue it back on. This kit was a real job of work.

On the right you can see the cleaned up turret and the gun waiting for installation. For some reason I had eleven wheels. Four per armored car, and one spare each, and a remainder.



The spare tire that is covered. The turret that I cleaned out. And the wayward headlight.



A little better view. Even a bad kit with a lot of work can be made into a respectable kit. My Afrika Korps troops are a small part of my collection, so a random kit will fit okay with that. This model is HO 1/87 scale and these two will be my only armored cars of this type in my DAK. I only do Tunisia and late North Africa; once the Americans arrive.

2 comments:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

A "medal of honor" for your persistence and expertise in cleaning this kit up!

That was very skilful and deft use of the modelling knife, well done. I think I would have given up on those kits as a lost cause :(

Bunkermeister said...

Thank you Geordie! Once in a while I like a model that is a challenge. These two certainly fit that bill!