Followers

Monday, December 1, 2008

60 mm Soldiers



These are the first army men I ever had as a kid, I got them probably 50 years ago when I was about three years old. Recently I have been interested in creating a display of some of my figures and I have been starting from the beginning with the oldest troops I can find that I had as a kid.

I got more of these on eBay in the last few weeks. They are all made by a company called MPC that made Ring Hand figures for several years. Ring Hand figures as this photo shows, had hands that were empty and in the shape of a ring.


These figures are in jumpsuits and look like pilots.


This group were also made in red and sold as firemen. I am still looking for the original equipment for these guys, I can't even find anyone who claims to know what they came with 50 years ago.


4 comments:

Hugh Walter said...

You need to track down a copy of "GUIDE FOR NON-METALLIC TOY SOLDIERS OF THE U.S. by Timothy J. Geppert.

He has most of the accessories on five pages, it's an old photocpied thing but it's still the first word, or try MPC on Kent Sprechers 'Toy Soldier HQ';

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/toysoldierhq/MPC1.html

Hugh

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks Hugh. I ordered $199 worth of ring hand figures and accys from Kent a few days ago. I have dealt with him before and he is a good guy.

Snickering Corpses said...

There's also a TMP thread I just turned up, which includes some photos of the ring hand figures with some including accessories.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=122554

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Great photos, some interesting stuff. I never saw the boats or trading post or African natives before. I had some items not shown, the tank, weasel and APC as a kid, long gone now. I had a slightly different firemen set, still have three of them men and several accys.