Followers

Monday, August 5, 2013

Plastic Soldier Company US Infantry 1/72nd Scale


The new Plastic Soldier Company Late War US Infantry 1944-45, in 1/72nd scale.


You get three identical sprues of troops in this nice window box.  Troops are made in England which is a nice change from buying everything from China.


I paid $21.99 plus tax for them at Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove.  Other fine hobby shops such as Hannants in the UK, and Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair, CA should have them.


This is one sprue.  No heavy weapons beyond the BAR.


No flash, a couple figures did have a mold flaw in the center of the back, but no big deal.

2 comments:

FriendlyFire said...

My problem with this set is that half of the figures are in practically the same pose. I was impressed with the rest of their sets creativity, but this one's poses seem a bit lazy.

The sculpts look excellent though.
FF

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

A standing M1 rifleman and standing BAR man in the same pose; then a kneeling M1 rifleman and a kneeling Springfield rifleman in the same pose is okay, to me. The guys sort of advancing are all pretty similar. I am hoping for a heavy weapons set to round them out. The lack of ammo pouches on them was more disturbing to me. The medic should have two canteens. I like the two radios.