Followers

Friday, March 6, 2020

Horse Drawn Artillery


This book is essential for anyone who wants to to US troops from the period from 1868 to the middle of the Cold War.


They have scores of color plates showing uniforms and equipment as well as text describing the troops.


My plan is to make some of the post Civil War to the turn of the century troops to fight both Indians and Martians or other invaders.


This set up will be painted to support the above New York National Guard troops.


I think the uniform color will really set them off from other troops.


The cannon is from the Strelets 1/72nd scale French Artillery of the Crimean War set.  It's a 12 pounder Napoleon like the US used in the American Civil War.


Horses are Eagle Games, limber is Lego, and the riders are HaT French Napoleonic Limber troops, and the rider on the caisson is, I think, Imex ACW Artillery.

4 comments:

James Fisher said...

I love mixing figures in units and to create a particular unit from a couple of types of figures, but you have stepped it up a notch or two Mike, with great result too!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you James Fisher. I have only been doing that for about 5 years or so. When I first started doing head swaps I had no idea it would turn out like this!
Come back often, new posts every day, and look at the old postings, 20,000 pictures to see!
Bunkermeister

James Fisher said...

Don't worry Mike, I see your blog often--amongst the many that I follow. I enjoy the variety of what you put up. I don't always comment though.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you James Fisher. Tell all your friends, and come back often, and thank you for the comments.
Bunkermeister