Followers

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

40mm Bofors Gun


In World War Two the Swedish Bofors 40mm anti-aircraft gun was used as a ground mount by both Axis, Allied, and neutral powers.  They Germans both purchased and captured them.


The Germans used them on ships, on buildings, and as mobile mounts, with and without the gun shield.


Zvezda makes an excellent Bofors model in 1/72nd scale.


I already have the Airfix 40mm Bofors gun, and I have assigned them to my American Army.


Airfix makes an excellent kit and I have drafted the British crew into being a crew for early World War Two US Army troops in the Philippine Islands.


The Zvezda models have been drafted into the German Army.

I have added a new feature, my own Red Bubble account where  you can buy tee shirt, clocks, and other items with original Bunkermeister photographs on them!  Check it out.
 https://www.redbubble.com/people/bunkertalkwar/works/30633311-world-war-two-era-us-army-lee-tank-with-soldiers?asc=u&ref=explore-shop-available-products

No comments: