Followers

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Soviet T26 Tanks and Stuff


Blooger has had image downloading issues the last few days but now it looks like they are resolved.  Now I can post photos again, thank you Blogger for fixing that issue.  If you liked the Wargame Rules information say so in the comments and I will post more from time to time.  Also, if you search Wargame Rules I have posted other rules from my wargame rules set in the past.

My hobby goals for the last few years have been to assemble models and at least primer paint them.  Identify gaps in my unit organizations and fill them, organize my troops and prepare for my move and my retirement.  This project continues.  The photo above with the horses and FH-18 guns is part of my Spanish Blue Division for the Eastern Front in World War Two.  I am using the old Hinchliffe horses, probably 20-30 years old that I purchased new as well as a few more I got off eBay.  The guns are from Revell.  The spare horses will eventually tow wagons and I need to round up my Revell limbers for the unit too.  My Spanish troops are primarily for use in very late war battles after most Spaniards had withdrawn.  I am not building the whole Blue Division, just representative samples for late war.


Here is my outdoor photo studio.  The trash can can hold boards with stuff waiting to be photographed.  The table is where most of the photography takes place. I also have a wagon, not pictured, that is much lower to the ground than the table so I can take photos with grass in the background rather than trees.  My yard runs to just a bit into the treeline.  There is a four strand barbed wire fence and on the other side are cattle.  Big ones.  Sometimes they escape and visit my yard.  This photo was taken a few days ago after the lawn was cut.


Early war Soviet Union tanks.  These are mostly T26 tanks, some resin and some plastic from Mir.  All are HO scale.


These are part of my upgrade project, in the last few years they went from unpained electric green plastic to an over all olive green, after primer paint.


HO scale Soviet armored cars from Crusader Models.  None of the these models are available anymore, I got them all in the 1980s.  Both Mir and Crusader Models are out of business.

2 comments:

tsold3000 said...

Cows for neighbors beat humans anytime.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

That's why I moved here, that's for reading Tsold.
Bunkermeister