Followers

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Soviet Battalion Headquarters


This Soviet Command Post is made by using sprue to build a frame.  Then I dyed medical gauze green using cotton fabric Rit Dye.  Then Using a bit of styrene and a couple oil drums to make a table.  Then I added another piece of plastic and painted a map on it.  Then the whole thing was glued onto a bit of scrap styrene sheet.


 Having a headquarters with my units allows me to use command rules  where units suffer a morale loss if there headquarters is destroyed. l do this for units battalion size and larger.


On a wargame table it looks pretty impressive and makes a good objective marker too.


I also use them for artillery battalions as fire direction centers.


Adding command and control gives a bit of extra realism to a wargame.


Those tanks are not going to command themselves.

No comments: