Followers

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Airfix Americans and British


I have been working on cutting figures off the sprue.


And then trimming the tiny film of flash around the mold line.


I am working on HaT / Airfix WWI British...


And HaT / Airfix WWI Americans.


The color is butterscotch.


I am planning on doing some head swaps.


This group of figures will be complete head swaps, so the British will become Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and the Americans will become 1920-1940 American Army.  They US Army wore a hat similar to the WWI British hat, even in the field.

2 comments:

banzai55 said...

Jeez. I had these guys, back in 1969...but they were olive drab, not tan. I didn't like them at all, I thought most of the positions were too stiff, and not fighting-ish. Surprised someone is still making them....

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Airfix still makes them, and they still sell. The real problem is that the Montana Peak Hat was never worn in combat in WWI. They have been in olive drab and in tan over the years.
Bunkermeister