Followers

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Falcon


This is a 15mm Halo Micro Ops Falcon.


In the 1950's the US Army worked on many vertical take off aircraft.


I took off the old markings and added new ones to make this into a 1/72nd scale US Army aircraft.


Transition from vertical flight to horizontal flight was not fully solved with rotary aircraft until the Osprey.


I think this works well for one of those experimental aircraft.  I also add a loop to the top so the aircraft can fly over the table suspended from a wire.


In my future games I consider the US Army to still exist so I can use this for future flight.  In my 1958 Pentomic Army these were actually fielded and I have five I can eventually deploy. 


Rapid mobility is important because you never know where you will find Them!

No comments: