Followers

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Olive Drab Update

Good old Testors 1911 Olive Drab spray paint.  I have likely used enough to this to paint a real tank battalion!
The product has changed labels and cans over the past few years.  But all three of these are the same color.  The black label I think is the oldest one.  The center can is also old, and the one of the far right is the newest version.
This the same old olive drab color I have used for decades.
It's what I use for my WWII US Army vehicles almost exclusively.
It was discontinued for a while but it is back.  Testors was purchased by Rust-Oleum, the hardware paint company.
The can lid is an almost perfect match for the color.  The other thing about the lid is it has no markings embossed on it, so I have been saving them to use as fuel storage tanks!
 

No comments: