Followers

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Batch Painting

 

Mir T-34/85, HO scale.
I build models in batches, and then I primer them in batches, then I spray paint them with their over all color in batches.  Then they get their detail painting and eventually, decals and weathering.
Sometimes it can be years between batches.  I am doing WWII Soviet Union and US Army trucks right now, that is my main project for 2023.
I take pieces of sheet plastic cut them up to fit my trucks and then glue bits on them.
They become cargo for the trucks.  This one is recovery parts for WWII US armor.  A tow bar, Sherman tank wheels, chain and various bits.
This is an armorers truck workbench.  Weapons in for inspection and repair.  BAR, M1 rifles.  Note grating on the floor for non-slip surface.
Paul Heiser Models resin truck.  I probably put this one together 20 years ago, just now getting it's coat of olive drab.  Sometimes the is a bit of time between the batches. 

No comments: