Followers

Friday, September 20, 2019

United States Army Air Force



These started life as the hideous yellow Airfix USAAF figures.






The figures are fine, it's the yellow I can't stand.  Now with the help of Rust-Oleum 2X primer for plastic I have painted them.  The light greed and dark green are also Rust-Oleum colors.





The little airplane is a Hot Wheels sort of a P-51 Mustang.
 










A few ground crewmen attend a fighter plane as the pilot prepares to  board.


One last crank of the wrench and it's chocks away!


Military police watch.

2 comments:

Gary Panter said...

Yeah that Airfx yellow was just terrible and the bright red used fot the British was no improvement.And you got those early Italeri figures in silver yuck! I don't paint many figures ( I will spray paint enmasse) so I like my figures in national colors in light neutral colors like gray, tan, or brown. Oops I got a little carried away and off topic have a good day

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I hear you Gary. That yellow was terrible, I don't know what they were thinking. I was told the silver was to mimic metal figures, but who thought that was a good idea? And the red is okay if you are redcoats, but other than that, no.
Like you I don't paint much either.
Bunkermeister