Followers

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Waterloo 1815 75mm Mountain Howitzer


Waterloo 1815 makes a US Army 75mm mountain howitzer in 1/72nd scale.


It comes with rubber tires.


However the older guns had wooden spoke wheels.


I converted this to a pre-war version by using some "wooden" spoke wheels from the spares box.


Here it is with the WWII crew by Waterloo 1815.


This is the original model built straight from the box.  I added the styrene plastic base because the trails are rather fragile and won't stand up to much handling.


Here is a HaT WWI US Army crew from the HaT US Army French 75 set.


Howitzers like this were used in the Philippine Campaign against the attacking Japanese.


I have managed to put together four of them, but I hope to get a few more.  They will also serve in my 1938 US Army project.

No comments: