Followers

Friday, June 14, 2019

JS-III Tanks


Roco JSIII tanks, in HO scale.  The JSIII was designed in World War Two and was ready for the very last few minutes of the war.  But the time it got to Germany, the war was over.


I painted one company olive green, one dark green, and one camouflage.  Later I will add some numbers and slogans to the vehicles, as well as detail painting the vehicles.


One vehicle hull was left over and just after I took this photo, I found the turret and half a gun.  I was hoping to find out they made an ARV version but I can't seem to find that. 

2 comments:

Rob Young said...

Have to admit this is the sort of thing I like to see. Lots of tanks. JS3 brings back memories of the Airfix version - though mainly from some of early attempts at conversions, making JS2s and KV1s from them. Hard to think that was 50+ years ago.

banzai55 said...

I had a couple of these when I was a kid - a cool looking tank, but the Roco version had a ridiculously skinny gun barrel - it's supposed to be a 122mm monster gun, but it was far skinnier and flimsier than the 88mm of the tiger 1, or even the long 85mmon their T-44. I was always afraid my little brother was going to snap the gun barrel off. It was like their panther, which also had a ridiculously skinny 75mm gun - except, at least, from the ones I saw, the JSIII's gun was always straight, while many of the panthers were bowed.
It's interesting to see the Zylmex and Imex metal HO-scale versions; the guns are Much Much better!