Sunday, August 17, 2014

B17 Repair

My friend Tom gave me some B17's that his dad had built.  It was an honor to receive such as gift.  They were quite old and had received some rough treatment.  I have been rehabilitating them.  Here a front upper turret needs new machine gun barrels.

I replaced them with plastic rod and glued them into place, but I used a bit of modelling clay and a toothpick to hold the rods in place while the glue dried.

I also had to use Testors window glue to repair some of the glass in the model.  In some cases I had to replace missing windows.

1 comment:

Greyson De Saye said...

Great Job I'm sure his dad would be pleased ! I enjoyed the game with the Ants looked very Fun! Grey in Va