Wednesday, August 6, 2014
I got four B-17 models from my friend Wyatt the Odd.
They were already assembled but had been in storage for many years.
I have been trying to rehabilitate them.
Most of the parts were present, but many had been broken or fallen off.
This one had split down the middle along the parts line and was missing some "glass." I replaced some glass with Testors Clear Parts Cement and Window Maker. I also found if you cover an existing window with the Testors Clear it can help to tidy up the window. The large square window in the nose is a Testors window that is still drying. Sometimes it takes a day or two. I tend to use too much glue.