Followers

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Zero

There are a lot of people who have the hobby of collecting unassembled model kits.  They used to have three or more shows per year of hundreds of vendors who would get together in Southern California and sell kits to collectors.   Some collectors only collected the box, and did not care about the model itself.   So it was a good place to find inexpensive models, without a box, or inexpensive models with a damaged box.  Knowing that I would not have much money when I retired, but would have lots of time, I purchased several hundreds of kits with the intention of building them when I retired.  I have already built at least fifty kits in the last four years since I have been retired.
My recent project has been to build some of my World War Two Japanese aircraft.  I have built enough of the 1/72nd scale Zero kits that I can now build them without using the instructions.
So I have laid out five unassembled 1/72nd scale Japanese kits to build at the same time.
Plus one on the work bench.
So I opened the packages, and inspected the models.  I was missing a couple canopies and a few other bits.  These kits are likely 40 years old as they were used when I got them maybe 20 years ago.
I will paint the aircraft interiors.
And I have to find pilots and paint those and glue them into the seats.
 

No comments: