Followers

Friday, July 16, 2021

Ring Hand Details

 

The MPC ring hand WWII style soldiers came in five poses.
Walking, crouching, running, kneeling firing, and prone firing.  I would have liked it if they made a few more poses.  I use these guys mostly for the 1950s, science fiction, adventure set ups.  I often include other figures, MPC ring hands and Tim Mee and other brands with these.
The accessories are from MPC, Marx, and at least one, maybe several other companies.  Most accessories for World War Two are silver and sometimes green.  They do make a few postwar accessories, 1960s submachine guns mostly.
The kepi cap on this figure is an MPC Confederate kepi, it reminds me of the Rat Patrol character who wore one in the TV show.  I like to give a few of them some individual character, it also means one less helmet I have to get!
I try and get some kind of headgear for each figure, and a weapon, plus some other accessory.  The most common other accessory is a belt.  The kneeling firing pose is hard to get a belt onto, and since they have a rifle that takes both hands they sometimes only get two accessories.  Note the walking man is carrying a frying pan.  It is a Marx cowboy accessory.  He's the unit cook.

No comments: