Friday, December 14, 2012
The wire was plastic covered wire from Plastruct. I find it very useful. This is the Orion 1/72nd scale Maxim Quad machine gun, Soviet Army, WWII.
Here are a bunch of them almost ready for assembly. See one set of hoses in the lower left corner waiting to be installed on the machine gun. I put CA glue on the machine guns and used it to the hoses to them. Then I used 5 minute epoxy and covered the wire to hold it in place.
The machine guns are nearly all done, mounted on new stands, and with a new extension to make them tall enough to allow the gunner to fit underneath.
Nine machine guns all ready with their gunner.
Once assembled this is a pretty nice kit, but rather more work than it should have to be, a styrene version would have been much better.