Followers

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Moving Day





The last couple of days I have posted a bit of foreshadowing.

Not only have I retired, but I have loaded up the trucks.

MRS Bunkermeister and I have sold our home in California and are moving 2,000 miles away to Kentucky.  My family is from there, but I don't know anyone who lives there now.  We are retiring to a more rural environment to slow down, relax, and spend more time with the loved ones; each other and the Army Men.


This will be the new home.  There may be some disruption in Internet service as we travel or as we get the new house built, so if I miss a few days, keep checking back, because I won't be gone long.

14 comments:

Tim Gow said...

Hope to have you back on line soon.

Don M said...

best of luck Mike hope to here you on here soon!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Good luck with the move and active retirement ;)

Gary Panter said...

How can you leave all that crazy behind?I think you might be in for a little culture shock. Good luck bud will be looking forward to your next post

Gary Panter said...

one more thing, it must have been quite a chore packing all that collection up

tradgardmastare said...

All the very best to yo and yours.
Looking forward to you next post...
Alan

Bob G. said...

Mike:
Ahh...(reading the posts in REVEARSE order again...my bad).
Kentucky, you say?
We're practically "neighbors", now.
(We're in FT. Wayne, IN)
Good to have you in OURA neck o' the woods.
Welcome, and always stay safe out there, boss.

Carry on.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks Tim Gow, I hope to be back soon!
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks Don M, I should be back in a few days.
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks Geordie, I plan on actively working on the collection, and take plenty of pictures.
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Gary Panter, not just the crazy, but the high taxes and stupid laws. Already in Kentucky I noticed they don't lock up the spray paint. In CA spray paint has to be locked up or kept behind the store counter, it's an anti-graffiti measure. Yet, graffiti is everywhere, a failed law that only inconveniences law abiding citizens. Here in Kentucky, spray paint is readily available on the shelf for anyone to reach, and not a bit of graffiti anywhere!
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Gary, I have been packing for about a year. I used 300 cubic feet of packing peanuts.
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thank you Alan, me too!
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

G, thanks for the welcome to the neighborhood.
Bunkermeister