Followers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Kit Show


What did I get at the Brewer Brothers Kit Show? The first item I got is this old kit, in 1/72nd scale. The Curtiss Condor was a US airliner used in the years running up to WWII.



The H-16 helicopter was tested by the US Army in the 1950s. It was a huge helicopter. I actually saw one at the US Army Aviation Museum at Ft. Rucker, AL. While never fielded it makes a good alternate history chopper.


While this kit is actually a bit smaller than 1/72nd scale the real helicopter is so huge it looks okay on the wargame table. I got two at the show and already had one. I would like to get a couple more for my Pentomic Army.




The Douglas World Cruiser was used by the US Army to set an around the world flying record. Several of the planes few in a flock together to make the trip. It is a big kit, I have a couple of them. On each of these kits I had cash and was able to get a good deal on the model. Bring small bills to shows since many vendors don't bring much money, it also helps to negotiate a bit.






I added a bit to my 1/6th scale army by picking up an MP44 and a PPSH from some vendor selling GI Joe size stuff. They always have a nice variety of items at these shows.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Bunkermeister:
YOu got some GREAT finds there...
That Curtis Condor was the forerunner of the C-46 Commando.

And that Douglas World Cruiser is a pretty large airplane. They used to have one in the Smithsonian.

CA always seems to have the better shows, no matter what the specific venue.
Nice haul.

Carry on.

Biff Tanner said...

The 1st H-16 looks like it will be very cool.