Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Glue

These are my five top go to glues that I keep on my desk top all the time.  This is the gell type CA glue.  It does not run, and it does not smell bad.  The tiny tubes help prevent it from going bad before it's all used up.  Sold where ever glue is sold, it seems.  Great with metal, or resin, and okay on soft plastic.
Bob Smith Industries 5 minute Quik-Cure Epoxy.  Two parts, very strong.  Sold in hobby shops and on line.  Check out their website, they make lots of different glues.  Sometimes your local hobby shop will sell it with their own name on top.  But read the label, it will say BSI someplace on the package.  Great for metal or resin, also for gluing two different kinds of materials together.  Not great on plastic.
E6000 is a very sticky tube glue. Has very good grab so it holds things pretty well even before it dries.  I use it for resin or metal when I am gluing something small and don't want to fool with mixing the epoxy.
Basic go-to for model kit building.  Use the white stuff for clear parts like canopies.  It dries totally clear and won't fog the canopy.  The red label in black bottle works great for any regular plastic model kit and it lasts a long time.  I always keep at least one bottle often two as back up, never run out.  Sold at most anyplace that sells models.
I mix epoxy glue on aluminum foil.  I keep a variety of toothpicks, round and flat, wooden sandwich picks, and coffee stirrers and such handy so I can tailor the tool to the job.  Normally I use a much smaller piece of foil for mixing than this one.  I keep a stack of about 2x2 inch pieces of foil on my workspace ready for important glue jobs.  My wife makes cornbread in a glass pan, and when it's gone, usually about one day, maybe two, I take the foil,so it's repurposed for hobby stuff.  I get all the little sticks at the supermarket.
 

No comments: