Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Nurses

An age old controversy put to rest.  People sometimes say, I had that nurse figure, but I don't remember a lantern.
Or they say, I had that nurse figures, but she had a lantern.
The figure on the left is the Tim Mee nurse, and the one on the right is the Marx nurse.
Apart from base and lantern the Tim Mee figure is nearly identical to the Marx figure.
I like figures with a base generally.  Look closely at the collar, they are both wearing lieutenant rand insignia.  That is correct for a US Army nurse.
I don't remember having the Marx figures as a kid except the 54mm ones that were smaller and newer than these, but I did have the Tim Mee medical set, and this one may even be from my childhood, although I have several others and don't know who has been with me that long.
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bunkermeister,

Don't know if you got in on this Kickstarter, but here is the newest Timmee nurse

link

Unknown said...

https://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.621323.1583396833!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_900/image.jpg

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks PaulCollins but yes, I was one of the first on that Kickstarter.

Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks for the link PaulCollins, great photo. I have posted a bunch of photos of the female soldiers and they will appear over the next couple months. I usually post as much as 90 days ahead.
Bunkermeister