Followers

Friday, May 22, 2009

60mm Find


I was shopping on eBay recently and purchased a set of MPC figures that is probably at least 40 years old. In fact, I think I may have had this set as a kid.

Good box art really helps to sell a hobby product to me. I find myself inspired by the drawings of missiles launching, troops charging, Jeeps Jeeping.


The scenarios that pop into my head as soon as I see this drawing of a tank and a few troops. I imagine myself doing this set up on my wargame table, my patio, in the back yard.


This particular set even comes with an exploding bridge. The play value in really minimal on an exploding bridge, but the imagination that plays the explosion over and over is much better.



This MPC set came with tanks, Jeeps, APCs, missile launchers, truck, and various accessories. It was mostly complete and a little worn but it is a lot of fun. Look for these troops and vehicles to appear in the Atomic Testing Base series over the next few months.



No comments: