Followers

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Space Men

Robot to assist my Space Men.  I selected the largest and most robust looking figure for the task.
This Red Space Men unit is Rust-Oleum Gloss Apple Red.
Naturally I had to include the GI Joe Adventure Team in any space adventure.  Here is there yellow robot.
Rust-Oleum Sunburst Yellow gloss spraypaint.
This rather retro-color is Tamiya Coral Blue.  You can see a few of the Space Men on the right side of the photo getting some touch up paint.  The figures are 1/72nd scale figures from Dollar Tree from about 20 years ago.  They are pretty good copies of the 1/32nd scale Airfix WWII USMC and WWII British Paratroopers, all with US M1 style helmets and rather generic weapons.  Sadly only a few poses.
The white figures are more technical troops, supply, maintenance and others.  The are in a semi-gloss white by Rust-Oleum.
This last group is what I call my US Army Astro-Rangers.  These started as MPC 60mm troops in gold.  I use the gold figures because MPC made a space set and the figures were gold plastic.  Also one of the official colors of the US Army is gold, the other is black.  So when I started doing Space Men in 1/72nd scale I included the Astro-Rangers.  They take the name of Ranger and spread it throughout the solar system.  The are elite troops in space as they are on Earth.  I named them Astro-Rangers because it had a 1950's retro sound to it and combined astronaut and Army Rangers.
 

No comments: