Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

US Duece and a Half Trucks

Recently on a major social media site someone mentioned he did not believe my collection was as large as I had indicated on a post in a group.  25+ truck per row, so over 100 trucks.  They are all assembled, most need painting nearly all are primed in white or gray.  The white is pretty thin so many of them look yellow.  Click on the photos to enlarge them and see the details.
This is my HO scale WWII US Army 2 1/2 ton truck collection.  Well, most of it.  Note the cement truck, the two boom tow truck.  In the back on the right side is part of my laundry unit with wash hanging up.  The open bed trucks have removable pallets in the back so their cargo can be unloaded.
Mostly Paul Heiser and a few conversions and a few Roco.  Note the radar vans.  Trucks include the short bed artillery truck.  Some have cargoes like anchors, propellers, engineer gear.
Paul makes excellent trucks.  I usually paint the windows black, not done with this one, obviously.
Rear view.  In this photo you can see in the bottom center my armorers truck with a table of weapons laid to out be repaired and a fuel can for cleaning parts.