Followers

Monday, June 20, 2016

Batmobile


This is a Hot Wheels 1966 Batmobile that I have converted into a WWII era military vehicle.


I disassembled it, stripped the paint, primered  it and repainted it OD. 


I added decals circa 1943 or so.  Since Batman was a duly sworn officer of the law (at least in the 1966 TV series) I figured he would be a Military Police Officer and so the vehicle is marked as MP.


I painted many of the details not painted on the Hot Wheels, including the red dome light.  I used Tamiya Clear Red for that.


The rocket engine and the parachute packs, as well as head and tail lights got painted too.


I think it makes a pretty good military vehicle.


The angled pipes in the back are actually a mortar, so that's a nice military touch.

2 comments:

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Each state is considered sovereign and so they operate their own armed forces historically.
Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Many states have reactivated their militias even today in natural disasters.
Bunkermeister