Followers

Thursday, August 11, 2022

1938 US Army Tank

As near as I can tell the original paint schemes were this sort of caramel butterscotch brown color.
Shown here with James Bond for scale.
But a better choice is this WWI US Army soldier from HaT.
These are what I call my 1938 US Army.  It is mostly toys made in the 1930s or resin cast vehicles and model kits that work for that time period.  It is not intended to be exactly historically accurate as I include vehicles that were obsolete and ones like this toy that are over scale and inaccurate.
I think the butterscotch and green camouflage version is also an original paint job too.  All five of these that I have will be stripped and repainted for uniformity with the rest of my collection from that period.  I like to buy the flaky paint, dented ones so that I don't feel bad about ruining any collectors value from them.
 

No comments: