Followers

Friday, February 6, 2015

Natal Natives


I don't really do the British Empire but with all the Zulu movies and others it is difficult to avoid it completely.  The urge to collect at least a few is strong.  Particularly when you consider I have read all the Tarzan books and seen most of the movies.  I use the British troops as stand ins for late 1800's US Army, so it's not much more of a stretch to add a few Native troops.  Here the HaT Natal Native Contingent.


Its South African Black natives who fought on the side of the British against the Zulus.


It's a small set, not a lot of poses, but enough I think.


Molded perfectly without flash or error.


I anticipate using them from about 1870 to the 20th Century.  Maybe not historically accurate to do that, but when since I get my African history from Hollywood, it works for me.

2 comments:

Tsold9000 said...

aaarrrgh! have been looking for the NNC but all are OOS. Have you checked out the new Hat sets? Ruga-Ruga would fit your Tarzan idea fine.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Hi Tsold9000, you are perfectly correct, the Rugu-Ruga would be a great idea. I already have some, but I write the reviews sequentially. Look for photos and a review of them on Bunker Talk.
Bunkermeister