Followers

Friday, May 9, 2008

Camel Time

HaT is about to unleash their first sets of British Colonial Camel Troops and Egyptian Camel Troops. These sets should be hitting the shops within the next few days. HaT sent me a pre-production sprue of these and I must say they are a good pair of sets. I like them so much I am actually considering starting a small collection of British Colonial.

Years ago, as a child, Airfix made French Foreign Leigion sets and I enjoyed them very much. I liked watching the various Beau Geste movies and they provided inspiration for many hours fighting with those Airfix French Foreign Leigion sets and fort. I always wondered why an English company did not come out with sets of British Colonial. The movies Khartoum, and 23 Days at Peking, and others really inspired me to play those wars, but there really were no figures to use for them.

Now HaT has really helped us out by releasing these the first of many more sets of British Colonial. These sets include three mounted men and one man firing from behind a kneeling camel. Both sets are very similar, the only real difference is the figures.
Now I gotta figure out how to build a Nile River Steamer!




2 comments:

Jim. said...

Mike,
You forgot one of my favorite movies--The Wind and the Lion.
Jim.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Wind and the Lion is a bully movie! And the new Red Box USMC and US Army for the Boxer Rebellion will be great for that era.