Followers

Monday, April 15, 2024

OHMSS Female Figures


 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064757/?ref_=tt_mv_close

This link shows a trailer for the James Bond movie On Her Majesty's Secret Service.  I am working on several figures for that movie, in 1/72nd scale.  These are the girls who are part of the villains plan to spread biological warfare agents.  But they are just innocent pawns of the bad guys plan.

I got a bunch of inexpensive plastic figures sold for model railroads and architectural models.
I am using craft paints because they are inexpensive and I don't have a lot of bright colors in my collection.
The twelve girls are from all over the world.
The villain expects to send them back home to spread biological diseases.
The figure set only has a few poses and so I have made minor modifications to some of them.
The white plastic male figure is Blofeld, the Bond Villain.
Several of these figures have been cut in half to make more poses.
Not much head swapping however, by painting hair length can be extended or made shorter.
The white plastic female figure on the right is Blofelds Moll, Irma Bunt.  Still a lot of painting to do before they are done.
 

2 comments:

Roger said...

I consider In Her Majesty's Secret Service to be one of the best James Bond movies made. I really liked George Lazenby's interpretation of James Bond too. -Too bad he only got to make just one movie.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks for reading Roger. I think Lazenby was much better than Roger Moore. He is third on my list, Connery, Brosnan, and then Lazenby. I think OHMSS suffered from a rather strange idea that Blofeld, who had met Bond before would not recognize him, the death of MRS Bond leaving the movie on a very downer mood. I think the next movie should have not opened with that but had that happen early in the movie and then the rest of the movie be about Bond seeking justice for her murder. I don't want to leave a Bond movie feeling sad and depressed.

Mike