Followers

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

How Did That Happen?

Duke Da Dawg out in the snow with me.

We get very little snow here in southern Kentucky.  So when snow is in the forecast I always prepare troops for photography.  My table has a wire top and the snow does not build up on it well.  Once it looks like it is actually going to snow, I put out a board or in this case a vinyl mat with cobblestone pattern on the table to hold the snow.  I add a few buildings also for the coming photo shoot.  I left them outside over night to let the snow fall on them.  I live in a rural area so they are not likely to be bothered.

The next day and there is a little more than an inch of snow.  It covers the buildings as I intended.  You can see there is no build up on the gravel.  Its not cold enough and there is not enough snow for the gravel to get covered.  The grass is covered however.

I then lay out the vehicles and the troops making a lot of trips in and out of my basement bunker.  Duke likes to sniff around while I am in and out of the house.  Usually he is an indoor dog.  I like taking photos on a table so I can get down and get close to the action.  In a day all this snow was gone.  I think we got about four days of snow like this all winter.

 

No comments: