Followers

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Finished Assembly Sherman Tank

The 76mm gun armed late production Sherman tank by Paul Heiser Models.
The rear of the tank has a fold down cargo shelf.  There are several versions that come with the models randomly assorted.
The model is almost all resin with three plastic bits.  The plastic sprue, however, has dozens of little bits that can be glued on the model for extra detail or as storage.
I glue the side track assemblies on with 5 minute epoxy, it's stronger than super glues and the gap filling properties are better, I think.
The completed model, ready for primer.
I don't drill out the muzzle break because I think it makes it too fragile for a large wargame army.
 

2 comments:

jeigheff said...

Looks great! As far at time for assembly goes, how does a resin kit compare to a comparable plastic kit? It has been a long time since I built a 1/72 or 1/76 kit. But I recall they could be detailed enough.

I really like the cast-on tracks of your Sherman. I don't miss the fragile plastic tracks that came with plastic tank kits.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

These Heiser kits are often very simple. Turret, main gun, upper hull, two tracks, one each side is typical. This kit is more detailed with separate outside road wheels, and many other tiny bits often I leave them off as too fragile since I wargame. Heiser also includes a plastic sprue of detail parts with all his American tanks. Heiser tanks are pretty simple and would be a good choice as a start for a resin kit. The Heiser Pershing M45 105 howitzer has few parts and is easy to build.

Bunkermeister