Followers

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Starship Troopers, Colonial Infantry and Buck Rogers

Some of my Starship Troopers lined up as I sort them and inspect them for damage after I found one that had come apart.
The only good bug is a dead bug, this bug is good.
The figure on the right has been repaired and his boots repainted.  They figure on the left has boots that are not painted all the way around the figure.  For some weird reason none of the figures had boot that were fully painted.  I suspect the figures were laying flat and machines spray painted the figure from the front but not the back.  So I have been working on touching up the boots.
I also want more figures so I am doing paint conversions of some other figures to make them into Aliens style Colonial Infantry.  They will function as a sort of National Guard, and local Militia to supplement the Mobile Infantry.  They are being painted in the same color palette but their stands will be a different shape to distinguish the three units apart.  The figures on the left are from the board game Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.  The figures on the right, in the back rows are those also, but the first three rows on the right are from some Matchbox vehicles I got 20 years ago.  The Matchbox have better equipment and so will be the Militia types.  The others are more lightly armed and equipped and so will be the National Guard; interstellar version.
Some close ups of one of the Buck Rogers poses.
When I am working on projects like this I record the paint schemes and the colors I use  on a card like this one.  Later when the project has been finalized the information goes into a notebook so I can touch up the figures or add more if I need to, I have done this for decades.  Sometimes it can be 10 years or more between working on the same project so having records can be very helpful.

4 comments:

jeigheff said...

Your record-keeping of paints is a great idea.

I have tried to limit the colors in my own palette of hobby colors. Somehow it keeps expanding.

Legion4 said...

A very good-looking mixed unit ...

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Yes, J, I tried that limit the color palette color thing too and it did not work for me either.

Bunkermeister

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Thanks Mr4 I consider them one unit overall but also sub-units, like a militia or national guard or reserve serving with each other or regular units.

Bunkermeister