Followers

Sunday, April 28, 2024

M46 in Olive Drab

Heiser Models HO scale resin M46 tank with primer paint applied.
I think the M46 is an iconic tank and very cool looking.
Here it is before any detail painting in Testors Olive Drab spray paint, number 1265.  They recently changed the number from 1911 to 1265 but the color is identical.
 A great looking tank and one I have been trying to get for decades.
I remember when Paul Heiser came out with his M26 tank and I suggested he make this one at that time and here we are only 25 years later and already on the market!
Here you can see the small box at the rear, it's the first aid kit.
I did this one with the side skirts, tools in front, and the spare tracks on the side turret.  My plan is to get a company of 17 tanks, and put side skirts on five of them.
 

4 comments:

Roger said...

The Heiser models are really god looking!
I have some few of types of them that were used by the Norwegian Army to go along with my H0 model railroad.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Excellent.
Yes, I have known Paul before he founded his company and he is an engineer by trade, so he is very meticulous in his model building.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Bunkermeister

Legion4 said...

Great model ! He makes very detailed and accurate models. The M26 the precursor to the M46, was used at the end of WWII and in the Korean War. It was up to that time the only US heavy tank.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Yes, and you will see more of them both soon.

At the end of WWII the US Army had 100 Mark VIII Liberty tanks, and at the beginning of WWII we had about 65ish M6 heavy tanks. Alas none of either of them saw active combat service.

I think we should have used the M6 despite it's teething problems, which in my opinion were no worse that those of the Tiger I.

And of course the Mark VIII Liberty tanks could have repelled the Orson Wells 1938 Martian Invasion had then not been allowed to rust away in storage in Fort Meade, Maryland.

Thanks for reading Mr.4.

Bunkermeister