Followers

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

The Castle of the Wizard

The Wizard releases his giant dragon out the door of his castle.
I got some photo background and a set of lizards on Amazon recently.
So I figured I would do some test runs to see how they work with my existing collection.
The surface is indoor / outdoor carpet.
The castle is Sherwood Castle from Airfix, likely 55 years old.  The Wizard is Caesar Miniatures.
 

8 comments:

Roger said...

Very nice to see this old castle. Airfix are do a re-relese on them this year.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Roger I think you should take this opportunity to buy 4 or 5 of them and make a big castle out of them. I have seen it done a few times and it turns out very well. Then send me the photos and I will post them here to show everyone your work.

Roger said...

I'm waiting for Airfix to re-release the French Foreign Legion Fort Sahara, as I want it to be the centrepiece of a small 009 gauge layout.

jeigheff said...

Nice layout!

I also liked the Airfix building kits. I once owned "Gun Emplacement", "Coastal Defense", and "Waterloo Farmhouse." They're long gone. However, I'd like to get hold of a copy of "Waterloo Farmhouse" again and give it a better paint job than I did when I was younger.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I still have all of those. I also used the guns from a used and broken up Coastal Defense set to make railway artillery for my Soviet Union. Waterloo Farmhouse is the most versatile building kit ever made. I have seen them chopped up into many different guises.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Roger, I never heard of 009 gauge, I had to look it up. Very nice. I would like a second one so I can have a string of forts along my border.

Roger said...

1:76 scale narrow gauge on 9mm gauge tracks. It's pretty close to 1:72 scale which opens up for even more possibilities.
The Sherwood and Roman fort war re-released this year. -Lets hope for a re-run of the Fort Sahara next year. I'll guess we'll find out in January/February.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

I am waiting!! Thanks for posting.