Followers

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Painting Soviet Vehicles

I am going through my Cold War Soviet Union collection, sorting, repairing, upgrading, and painting.
Many of my vehicles are die cast from China and from the former Warsaw Pact nations.
We have days here that have great weather, warm, but not hot, and low humidity, and reasonable wind speed.  So I am painting about 75 of these little truck and vehicles all at once.
For weeks now I have been repairing vehicles.  Then taping the windshields with masking tape.
So a few here and a few there that are getting primer paint.
Waiting for the perfect day to paint them the base color.
I lay down a mat in case I have to kneel down, kneeling on gravel is not comfy.
Here the gray primer vehicles are waiting for their new paint.
 

2 comments:

Roger said...

In Norway it's also nice weather now; sunny but not too hot or windy. So. I'm doing like you and are getting my ongoing projects spraypainted outside. I also let them dry in an old cupboard outside as well.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Yes, I sort of stock up on items to be spray painted for late summer and fall. Humidity is down, and so is the heat. I also say up late and sometimes spray paint at midnight or later. I have very good exterior house lighting and even a couple extra lights on stands that I can deploy as needed for more exterior light for painting. Thanks Roger for the comment.