Followers

Friday, August 21, 2026

More Painting of Soviet Vehicles

Often I paint on cardboard so that I can toss it in the trash after they have been painted on, to get rid of the flammable material.
This is may base color for most of my Cold War Soviet Union vehicles.
This can has a circle on the top of the cap, indicating is has been open.
My paper towel for wiping the nozzle after every few sprays.
My spray can spinning shaking device, to make sure the paint cans are fully mixed.
Here are a few armed vehicles ready for paint.
Hole in the top of the chassis.
Pin on the bottom of the turret, and a hole in the cardboard to insert the pin and hold the turret upright while it is painted.


 

2 comments:

jeigheff said...

I admire your thorough approach to your miniatures collecting, like having lots of trucks for supply.

Regretfully, when I have the time and energy to work on my own miniatures, I must concentrate on pieces that will be used on the gaming table. For instance, it would be nice to have some transports and tankers to go along with my new 1/2400 WWII Pacific War ships. And I just buy some later. But for now, I'm sticking with a small number of destroyers and cruisers.

Sorry to highjack your thread, nor do I mean to be critical in any way. I was just thinking about how our ways of collecting are different.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

J you did not hijack the thread. We are engaged in a meaningful discussion of our hobby. I too have 1/2400 ships. I used to buy CnC ships and small craft, destroyers, came in a 5 pack. Sometimes there were only 3 or 4 in the actual class. SO... I would cut off the guns and sometimes other parts and make them into cargo ships and transports. Eagle Games makes 1/72nd scale game pieces for a Colonial Wargame they used to make and you got 5 dreadnought type battleships. I have 50 of them! So I cut off the guns, trim back the hull, and converted most of them into merchant ships. So I can run convoy protection games or invasion games. The trucks are the same, you much get X number of trucks from point Y to point Z by turn AA or you run out of fuel. Makes a great wargame scenario, particularly if you don't tell the opposing side about that requirement.