Thursday, August 13, 2026

Painting Turrets

I am painting these on cardboard sheets.
I use this awl to poke a hole in the cardboard.
Like this arrow.
Then I can insert the tank pin into the hole.
And the turret can sit flat on the cardboard.
It makes it easier to paint when it does not move around.
Turret with tank hull.
This shows some of the paint build up on the nozzle.
I wipe it off every few sprays.
The build up will clog the nozzle if you don't wipe it off.
 

4 comments:

  1. Nice life hack with the turrets!
    When it comes not to clog the nozzle, I've found that turning the can upside down and push will only spray propellant gas and not paint which clear the nozzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it only works in the rare occasion that there is a particle in the nozzle. I like the paper towel to wipe down the nozzle. Thanks for the comment Roger.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I like your patient and thoughtful approach to spray-painting, which is superior to my old hasty and heedless approach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having been blessed enough to have a massive collection, it requires organization, thought, and patience. It's the only way things get done. It is not hoarding if the boxes are labelled. I have at least 1,500 WWII Soviet pieces and assembling, painting, repairing, restoring, and other work requires a lot of those three characteristics.

      Delete