Followers

Friday, September 27, 2024

Strelets Infantry from Someone Other than Strelets

Zvezda Russian Strelets Infantry 1/72nd scale set 8040.

For years I have wanted to do a Wizard of Oz set up, once I read about a few guys who were wargaming Oz.  So I figured I needed Wicked Witch of the West guards and maybe other armies. 
In the movie, the Wizard of Oz, Emerald City and Munchkin Land both have small armies.  So perhaps the Good Witch of the North needs an army also.  So my plan is to make a Santa Claus North Pole with elves, workshops and an Army of the North.  These guys look very much like a traditional Santa Claus from the Victorian Era.  Given that the book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz was written in 1900 that seems a good look for his army.  I thought is that Glenda is the Witch of the North but that Santa is the sovereign.

So these will be my Santa's Army.  I will use the Strelets - Strelets figures as the guard for the Wicked Witch of the West.  They describe themselves as "free" when she is killed in the movie.  So perhaps they are captured Santa's Army soldiers acting under an evil spell.  Anyway, each army will only be about a platoon or so.  

Next I need to find some maybe 15mm Napoleonic (British perhaps) as the Munchkin Army in 1/72nd scale.  Any suggestions leave them in the comments.  Remember I am looking for inexpensive and easy to paint.
 

No comments: