Followers

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Tropical Japanese

More Strelets figures in 1/72nd scale soft plastic.
Japanese troops in tropical uniform are what many of us think of as the classical Japanese Army look.  Many of their most famous battles were fought in Burma, India, and various islands in the Pacific Ocean.
I write these blogs often months ahead of when they appear for publication.  As of July 2022 Strelets is made in Ukraine and that nation is fighting a war against a Russian invasion.  I hope by the time you read this the war is over and Ukraine is victorious, without the war having spread to other countries.
Back to the figure review, these are flash free and include one Streletsi figure.
I used to give those away but now I keep them.  I saw some painted as Santa Claus once, red suits with white trim and they looked great.  I am using them for a fantasy / alternate history army.
These WWII Japanese are in combat poses with a nice variety of small arms including rifles, submachine guns, and a grenadier.
Submachine guns were in very short supply in the Japanese Army in WWII but it is nice to have a few of them in my army.
 

No comments: