Followers

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Taking Photos

The photos on this blog are often taken outdoors.  Sometimes like this one, I take a bit of plywood, put it on a table and take photos.  The plywood is what I use to paint models on, so it often is different colors and adds interest to the base.
By getting down low to the figures I can give them a background of trees. It also gives nice close up photos of the army men.
Being outside usually gives me good lighting.  I often take pictures outside when the sun is below treeline.  That puts my table in shade but still gives lots of light.
My photos are taken with a Nikon Coolpix L340 camera.  I like that it gives me a nice macro lens so I can get very close up to the figures.  It also takes a large photo so I can crop them and the viewer of the blog can blow them up to see lots of detail.
I can also move up a little bit and get grass and trees in the background and it gives the impression that the troops have a vast space before them because of the way the ground slopes away.
 

No comments: